28 December 2009

Conversations about conversations about conversations from a bar

I am sitting in the bath tonight, sipping wine, watching the water vapors drift like disembodied ghosts from the hot water below to the cold air above and trying to figure out the direction in which this blog, or this writing project, or this life is going.  How do I best document my life and the people and events within?

What am I good at, asshole (I was taught to never end a sentence with a preposition, hence the 'asshole')?  Eating.  Drinking.  Lecturing (that one is from Lael).  Talking.  How to combine all that into a project or a direction to go?

Document.  I have a knack of remembering conversations, but not necessarily details of conversations.  I remember events, but not necessarily exact details of events.  I need help.  So, why not enlist the help of some sort of recording device.  A digital recorder to record the conversations we have.  Some are great and inspiring.  Some are insightful.  Some are mundane.  Some are pure genius.  How do I navigate between the conversations about religion and politics, sports, health and life and those about whether SpongeBob has square pants or if he is the one that is square, making any clothing he uses appear square?  How do I differentiate between the discussions of the vastness of time and space and the lunacy of the vastness of the garbage can that houses Oscar the Grouch?

Another option:  High definition mini camera attached to my head.  Then, after careful filtering, I could broadcast all those fabulous conversations and events that surround us and involve us.  Not only would I love being able to capture all the spontaneity that is life, but I am sure the general public would pay handsomely to see recorded instances of me brushing my teeth and watching television.

I could always attach the camera to my crotch, therefore giving the world a view from a different perspective.  I do believe, though, that no one, including myself, wants to see just what life is like to a real dick and couple of nuts.

So, what's next?  The creation of "Conversations from a Bar."  I have the best inspiration and conversation while sitting in a bar with others.  Hell, I have spent a decent percentage of my life in bars, whether I was drinking or eating or working or sleeping (only happened a few times back in the day).  All I need to do now is work on capturing the essence of the conversation, documenting and then getting enough people to be interested in my view of the world as seen through the conversations in a bar to make me fabulously wealthy.

Should only take a few days, eh.
Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment